With only one week left before Thanksgiving dinner, it's time to start planning the big meal! Here at Lajollacooks4u, we have gathered some awesome tips to help you make a fabulous dinner for your friends and family.
Everyone loves a good, traditional Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Here's a tip for giving even those most traditional of turkeys a particularly memorable taste.
1. A great way to tenderize a turkey is to dry or wet brine it 24 hours in advance.
Responsible for preparing a pie for dessert? Don't wait until the last minute to get started!
2. Piecrust can be made in advance and frozen. Take advantage of this week before Thanksgiving to make your piecrust and keep for later use.
We have the perfect not-so-secret ingredient! Ever heard of Puff Pastry?
3. Puff pastry can serve as an alternative to piecrust.
4. For a delicious appetizer, try our Puff Pastry and Pear Triangles appetizer. Click here for the recipe.
It's never to early to start cooking!
5. Today is the day to make that piecrust. (See tip #2! It can be made in advance and frozen.) Also, make your cranberry sauce in advance. More that gets done before Thanksgiving means less work on Thanksgiving day.
6. When it comes to cooking, have all of your ingredients measured and ready. Being prepared will help keep you and your kitchen more organized, which simplifies the job.
We at Lajollacooks4u love the holidays. As a Foodie, Chef Jodi greatly enjoys preparing delicious meals to share with her family and friends. While food is very important, there is one last tip we would like to share with you before sitting down for your Thanksgiving meal:
7. "Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast" -- William Shakespeare.
We are grateful for all of the guests that have come through and the delightful memories that have been made in Chef Jodi's kitchen this past year. And with that, good luck cooking and happy Thanksgiving!
To make reservations contact Jodi at 858-752-4980 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit our website at www.lajollacooks4u.com